With many schools across Louisiana going back today, expect to start seeing school buses on the road again and keep safety in mind!
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. TRUMP INSISTS ‘BOTH SIDES’ TO BLAME FOR VIOLENCE THAT KILLED ANTI-RACISM PROTESTER
He appeared to once again equate the actions of white supremacist groups and those protesting them, drawing swift rebukes from some fellow Republicans.
2. AFL-CIO LEADER IS LATEST TO WITHDRAW FROM WHITE HOUSE JOBS PANEL
AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka said he could not “sit on a council for a president who tolerates bigotry and domestic terrorism.”
3. WHITE NATIONALISTS HEARTENED BY TRUMP’S MOST RECENT REMARKS
Former Klu Klux Klan leader David Duke praised him for condemning “leftist terrorists” protesting the white supremacists at the Charlottesville rally.
4. WHAT COULD HAPPEN TO THE INSURED IF GOVERNMENT STOPS ‘OBAMACARE’ SUBSIDIES TO INSURERS
The Congressional Budget Office says ending the Affordable Care Act’s “cost-sharing” payments could send premiums skyrocketing and add $194B to federal deficits over a decade.
5. INDIGENOUS RESIDENTS OF GUAM WEARY OF POSSIBILITY FOR YET ANOTHER CONFLICT
North Korea’s threatened missile attack comes after the island endured bloody battles between the US and Japan during WWII and a steadily escalating US military presence since then... MORE
Shreveport HIV/AIDS Call to Action:
Half of black, quarter of Latino gay men projected to be diagnosed within their lifetime. Heterosexuals not immune.
The Beatings Paradigm: A carryover from our slavery past? Is there a correlation between planta-tion coding, and black parenting and discipline?
FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS:
Used by Permission of The Associated Press