Prince Ea added a new episode on Facebook Watch.
on Sunday ·
Depression, Anxiety, and Panic Attacks are NOT signs of weakness, they are signs of trying to remain strong for far too long.
Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of. Neither is talking about it. And we, as a society, need to talk about it more!
SPECIAL TO THE SUN, via USHealthCorps.org
"Black women also breast-feed less often. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, substantially fewer African American babies than white babies are breast-fed.
Breast-feeding a baby has been found to be protective against both short-term and longer-term health issues for mother and child. Black women are more likely than others to face lack of support for breast-feeding at work, may lack community support and may have cultural attitudes that influence them not to nurse..."
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. WHITE HOUSE SEEKS BILL TO CLOSE IMMIGRATION 'LOOPHOLES'
Trump has been seething over immigration since realizing the major spending bill he signed last month barely funds the "big, beautiful" border wall he has promised his supporters.
2. US RAISES PROSPECT OF TRUMP-PUTIN MEETING AT WHITE HOUSE
Though no preparations have begun for such a visit, it would be the Russian president's first Washington visit in more than a decade.
3. NETANYAHU CANCELS DEAL WITH UN TO RESETTLE AFRICAN MIGRANTS
The Israeli prime minister cancels the agreement with the world body after pressure from hawks in his coalition prompted him to suspend it.
4. EDUCATORS LEAD RED-STATE REVOLT
Many schools will remain closed for a second day in Oklahoma as teachers continue to rally for higher pay and education funding in a rebellion that has hit several GOP-led states.
5. 'THAT PERIOD, FOR ME, IS LIKE YESTERDAY'
Martin Luther King Jr.'s three surviving children have spent much of the past five decades coming to terms with the civil rights leader's assassination and legacy.
Do You Believe in Magic?
Cirque de Soleil's Corteo Soars
RUN ENDS 2/17/19!!!!
Shreveport HIV/AIDS Call to Action:
Half of black, quarter of Latino gay men projected to be diagnosed within their lifetime. Heterosexuals not immune.
The Beatings Paradigm: A carryover from our slavery past? Is there a correlation between planta-tion coding, and black parenting and discipline?
FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS:
Used by Permission of The Associated Press
• "Why There is a Black History Month at All"
• "A Trophy: Well-Earned" #OscarsSoWhite "
• MLK’s Dream Fulfilled, Deferred, or Done?
• COSBY: "Who Could Blame Camille?"
• 300,000 Low-Income Louisianians Gained
Healthcare As Bobby Jindal Is Replaced By
• MYKEL JENKINS: Actor, "The Masked Saint" Movie
• BLACK MENTAL HEALTH STIGMA
• SPD promotes first African-American
female to Assistant Chief of Police
• SHV YOUNG PEOPLE: Marnitta Demming:
• SHV YOUNG PEOPLE: Amber Smith,
• In 1927, African- American Man Used As
Human Guinea Pig In Radiation Treatment
At 5-Years Old Tells His Story [Video]
• Baton Rouge: Teen Kills Friend with
• CHILDREN'S COUGH MEDICINE RECALL
• Health Benefits Of Eating Fruits
• Lose Weight Fast: How to Do It
• Foods/Drinks That Can Cause Blood Sugar
NOBEL PRIZE AWARDED TO ARTHUR LEWIS