Prince Ea added a new episode on Facebook Watch.
on Sunday ·
Depression, Anxiety, and Panic Attacks are NOT signs of weakness, they are signs of trying to remain strong for far too long.
Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of. Neither is talking about it. And we, as a society, need to talk about it more!
Michael D. Cox, 70 (Source: BPSO)
SPECIAL TO THE SUN, via USHealthCorps.org
"Black women also breast-feed less often. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, substantially fewer African American babies than white babies are breast-fed.
Breast-feeding a baby has been found to be protective against both short-term and longer-term health issues for mother and child. Black women are more likely than others to face lack of support for breast-feeding at work, may lack community support and may have cultural attitudes that influence them not to nurse..."
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. DATE FOR HISTORIC KOREAS SUMMIT SET
Kim Jong Un will meet South Korea’s president at a border village on April 27, a summit that could help resolve a decades-long standoff over North Korea’s nuclear program.
2. ‘IT IS NOW ACTUALLY HAPPENING AND I AM HERE’
Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai, now 20, returns to Pakistan for the first time she was shot in 2012 by militants angered at her championing of education for girls.
3. FAMILIES DEMAND FACTS AFTER DEADLY FIRE AT VENEZUELA JAIL
Distraught families clamor for information about detained relatives following a blaze that killed 68 people at the state police station in Valencia.
4. TRUMP TO PUSH INFRASTRUCTURE PLAN
The president is bound for suburban Cleveland to promote his plan to use $200 billion in federal money to spur at least $1.5 trillion in spending on aging roads and bridges.
5. AL SHARPTON TO DELIVER EULOGY FOR SLAIN SACRAMENTO MAN
California’s capital city is on edge for the funeral of a 22-year-old unarmed black man killed by police in his grandparents’ backyard.
By Marcinho Savant
Arts/Culture Critic - Staff Writer
SOOOO THRILLED to make it home in time to catch the debut of the Van Jones programme on CNN.
First guest: A massively impressive, Mr. Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter! SO DIFFERENT to what I had expected
It's a FANTASTIC show, with awesome content, guests, and viewer diversity. It is erudite, elegant, expressive, sane, sensible, inclusive, and highly informative. It spans comedic moments, ethnic touchstones, deep concerns---and a worldview shared by billions of people of color on the planet.
Long may it wave! For a maiden voyage, so far, it appears that Mr. Jones has opined his way into what will, ARGUABLY, be called the best production for American people of color, and their allies (Read: Loving, normal, decent, caring, equalist people) in the public affairs/news/chat format space, than has ever been produced in decades, ever. Dare i call it "The 21st century "Like it Is"?
Shreveport HIV/AIDS Call to Action:
Half of black, quarter of Latino gay men projected to be diagnosed within their lifetime. Heterosexuals not immune.
The Beatings Paradigm: A carryover from our slavery past? Is there a correlation between planta-tion coding, and black parenting and discipline?
FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS:
Used by Permission of The Associated Press
• "Why There is a Black History Month at All"
• "A Trophy: Well-Earned" #OscarsSoWhite "
• MLK’s Dream Fulfilled, Deferred, or Done?
• COSBY: "Who Could Blame Camille?"
• 300,000 Low-Income Louisianians Gained
Healthcare As Bobby Jindal Is Replaced By
• MYKEL JENKINS: Actor, "The Masked Saint" Movie
• BLACK MENTAL HEALTH STIGMA
• SPD promotes first African-American
female to Assistant Chief of Police
• SHV YOUNG PEOPLE: Marnitta Demming:
• SHV YOUNG PEOPLE: Amber Smith,
• In 1927, African- American Man Used As
Human Guinea Pig In Radiation Treatment
At 5-Years Old Tells His Story [Video]
• Baton Rouge: Teen Kills Friend with
• CHILDREN'S COUGH MEDICINE RECALL
• Health Benefits Of Eating Fruits
• Lose Weight Fast: How to Do It
• Foods/Drinks That Can Cause Blood Sugar
NOBEL PRIZE AWARDED TO ARTHUR LEWIS